Dr Brian Chinsamy
Areas of Expertise
- Executive Leadership strategy & development
- Executive Coaching
- Group Coaching
- Implementation of small & large-scale coaching interventions
- Team development & teaming (incl Cross-cultural& global teams)
- Organisation vision & values alignment
- Large Group facilitation
- Self-mastery sessions with individuals &teams
- Talent & Succession strategy & management
- Corporate learning & development strategy & implementation
- Performance Consulting
- Performance Management (strategy, facilitation & implementation of systems and capacity building)
Background and Experience
Brian has been involved in South Africa over the last 30 years in public education, both as a professional and an education activist, in the para-statals, as well as in corporates. In his time in the public sector he headed Educational Management and School Governance in the Gauteng Department of Education and provided leadership as Education Director for the Research Triangle Institute (RTI) implementing the District Development Support Programme (DDSP) for the National Department of Education. His experience in the para-statal world saw him extend his services as Head of Learning and Development and General Manager of HR Projects for Denel to other para-statals in the Department of Public Enterprize for training and development, including Transnet and Eskom. Brian’s venture into the corporate world was through the introduction of a new learning strategy for Absa Retail Bank in 2007 as its Head of Learning and Development. He broadened his reach to leadership and Talent management and development as Head (Director) of Learning, Leadership and Talent for Barclays Africa (12 countries in Africa).
Brian has run coaching and mentoring sessions for individuals and groups, and has facilitated people deep-dives and teaming sessions in Egypt, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania, Mozambique, Mauritius, Seychelles, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Uganda and South Africa.
Brian was on the Board of the Matthew Goniwe School of Leadership and Governance, as well as Leselo Assessments, and is presently the Deputy Chair of the ASHA Trust and a member of the Board of the Education Excellence Consortium (EEC). He has written widely and his most recent publication is contained in an international book, “The search for quality education in post-apartheid South Africa, Interventions to improve learning and teaching.”
Coaching and Facilitation Experience
• Barclays Africa (facilitated coaching programmes, as well as leadership programmes eg Performance Management and Performance Coaching) for all countries in Barclays Africa – Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Mauritius, Seychelles, Egypt, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique and Uganda)
• Kalleo Learning (Coaching of Senior Managers)
• Diplomat South Africa (Performance Consulting, team effectiveness, leadership development, Performance Coaching and executive coaching)
• NMB Bank in Tanzania – developing HR Metrics to measure HR performance and facilitating the training of the HR team
• Gordon Institute for Business Science (GIBS) – coaching students on MBA programmes, Global Executive Leadership Programme, General Management for Results and participants on leadership development programmes from a number of companies in different industries e.g.
- Wholesale and Retail (Smollens, Pick and Pay, Shoprite, Waltons),
- Transport (Prasa, Transnet, TNT Express), and
- Telecommunications (Multi Choice).
- Insurance (Zurich)
- Pharmaceutical (ASPEN)
- Standard Bank of South Africa (FBS and GIT Finance Teams) – Personal Self-mastery, Enneagram Team effectiveness programmes
- Coaching senior managers for Oceana Group
- On the Coaching panel of EOH
- Coaching Faculty of UCT Centre for Coaching
- Coaching South African Medical Research Council
- On the Coaching panel of OMNICOR
- On the Coaching and Facilitation panel for the Leadership Development Programme for South 32, contracted to Centre for Coaching at UCT Business School.
- Transnet Engineering R&D, Mechanical – Enneagram and Team sessions for all teams in this division
- Coaching Senior Managers of Transnet R&D Engineering Department
- Co-facilitated Credit and Risk Bootcamps in Mauritius, Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia, Mozambique, Seychelles, Uganda and Kenya.
- Facilitated Line Manager Development Programmes for all Line Managers in Barclays Bank Mozambique (including Branch Managers)
- Facilitated Branch Manager Development Programme for NBC (National Bank of Commerce) in Tanzania
- Facilitated Leadership Development Programme for Line Managers in Barclays Bank Uganda as well as a Coaching Programme for Line Managers to teach them the skills of Performance Management
- African Bank – Team Effectiveness programmes
- Motus Corporation, part of Imperial Group: Team Effectiveness and Coaching
- G4S Africa – Coaching and team Effectiveness Programmes using the Enneagram
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)- part of the World Bank. Personal development and team effectiveness work and coaching for Corporative Bank of Kenya
- Absa – Using Enneagram for individual self development and team effectiveness in a number of divisions in the bank viz.
- Transactional Management Group, Legal Teams (CIB, Retail and Business Bank, WIMI)
- Group Secretariat
- COO Risk
- Absa Corporate Development
- Marketing and Communications
- Other clients include Estee Lauder, ICAS,
Brian Chinsamy is an executive coach, a leadership and organizational learning specialist, who works with teams and individuals who want to realise their potential by co-creating solutions that meet their business needs.
Brian’s experience in the public, para-statal and corporate worlds across South Africa and Africa combined with his skills in performance consulting and team effectiveness brings a fresh look at organisations wanting to improve their business results through their people. His coaching services are designed to help leaders get the outcomes they want in their work by recognising and utilising their individual strengths and accepting and constantly working on their development areas. Awareness through self-observations, expanding the coachees capacity to learn and self-correct and change of behaviour through practices are key components of the coaching approach.
Brian’s accreditation on the Enneagram and Insights Discovery provides him with the personality assessments that are useful as he works with individuals and teams as part of their journey in their self-development.
- Certified Enneagram Practitioner for both individuals and teams with Integrated Enneagram Solutions
- Certified 5 Lenses and Ennea International Facilitator
- Certified Insights Discovery Practitioner for individuals and teams
- Certified Professional Coach – Centre for Coaching – faculty of Graduate School of Business UCT
- Accredited Integral Coach – New Ventures West – San Francisco, USA
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) and COMENSA accredited
- Certified Neuro-Zone Coach
- Doctorate in Education (Nottingham University, UK, 2003)
- Masters in Educational Leadership and Management (Rhodes University, 1995)
- B. Education (Unisa, 1989)
- BA (Hons) in African History (Unisa, 1987)
- B.Pedagogics Degree (University of Durban-Westville, 1981)
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell: 0798788500 (South Africa)
Hi there! I’m a bike messenger by day, aspiring actor by night, and this is my website. I live in Los Angeles, have a great dog named Jack, and I like piña coladas. (And gettin’ caught in the rain.)
…or something like this:
The XYZ Doohickey Company was founded in 1971, and has been providing quality doohickeys to the public ever since. Located in Gotham City, XYZ employs over 2,000 people and does all kinds of awesome things for the Gotham community.
As a new WordPress user, you should go to your dashboard to delete this page and create new pages for your content. Have fun!